Do I need a permit for a retaining wall?
A permit is required for a retaining wall if the wall is over 4 feet tall. The retaining wall may not encroach in the drainage of the property. Contact the City of Chanhassen Engineering Department at 952-227-1160 regarding drainage issues. Retaining walls less than 4 feet tall require a zoning permit to ensure zoning compliance. Zoning permit information

Show All Answers

1. What is the purpose of a Building Permit?
2. How long does it take to get a building permit?
3. Do you have a list of contractors from which you can recommend a builder, plumber, etc?
4. Do I need a permit for a shed?
5. Do I need a permit for a fence?
6. Do I need a permit for a retaining wall?
7. Do I need to be home for a deck inspection?
8. Do I need a permit to install a patio or replace my front sidewalk?
9. When you say my deck footings must be 18 inches in diameter, does that mean all the way from the surface down 42 inches in depth?
10. Where and when do I need smoke detectors in new homes, existing homes and additions?
11. Do I need 4-mil poly on both sides of my basement walls?
12. I am having problems with my house i.e. siding rippling, roof leaking, foundation cracking, etc. I want the city to come out and complete an inspection and tell me what is wrong.
13. I have a complaint about my builder not correcting things in my house. What should I do?
14. Does your department handle electrical inspections?