Minnewashta Parkway Update
Current Construction Status:
- The road is currently closed from Red Cedar Point Rd. to Kings Rd. It is only open to emergency vehicles and buses at this time. Please use alternate routes to access properties outside of this area.
- Please proceed with caution within the ‘Road Closed to Thru Traffic’ work zones and respect the construction signage. Slow down and drive safely.
- The City requests that local residents please use access through the ‘Road Closed to Thru Traffic’ zones to access their property. If you live in or south of Red Cedar Point Rd., please use TH 5 and if you are north of Kings Rd., please use TH 7 for access.
- The temporary water piping system has been tested and is currently in use.
- Pipe-bursting operations for the water main are in progress from Stratford Ln. to Glendale Dr.
Planned Construction Activities:
- Paving operations are scheduled for today, May 18th - Intermittently from 77th St to Red Cedar Point Rd.
- Water main and utility work are starting today at the intersection of Kings Rd. and Minnewashta Parkway.
- Paving operations for the placement of the final wear course on Minnewashta Parkway from south of 77th St. to Red Cedar Point Rd. are tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, May 19--Weather permitting.
- Hydro seeding operations along the trail on Minnewashta Parkway are scheduled for today, May 18th.