Hello Chanhassen Residents,
We approved the Chanhassen Strategic Plan on Monday, April 26th. This important endeavor ties in with our newly released financial plan and puts forward a roadmap for the city. The City of Chanhassen is excited to move forward with a unified message and mission. View the Chanhassen Strategic Plan
Vision: Chanhassen is a safe, welcoming community with engaged residents, abundant natural amenties and vibrant businesses, supported by the valued services that make this a community for life.
Mission: Our mission is to serve the public. We do this through the delivery of reliable, cost-effective services to provide a safe, sustainable community.
Values: Innovation. Respect. Stewardship. Engagement. CITY STAFF
With new leadership comes new perspective and a fresh look at city operations.
The City Manager, Public Works Director, and other key staff recently implemented a re-organization of our Public Works Operation allowing:
- More efficiency and continuity of operations
- A stronger connection and flow of information between Public Works and City Hall – a desire that we’ve heard from staff over the years
- More leadership opportunities and upward mobility to develop talent internally
The City is also restructuring to make way for a Communications Manager. We’re excited to have a position dedicated to helping us tell the story as Chanhassen benefits from having an engaged and informed community as we strive to meet our residents’ expectations for quality and availability of information. RESIDENT FOCUSED
- To encourage participation from residents at City Council meetings, we’ve made it even easier by offering multiple ways to engage: Virtual Public Meetings Information
- City Council approved a new tool to collect feedback on important issues. We will be rolling out “FlashVote” to help get a pulse on the views of our community and provide residents who may not typically interact with the city a greater opportunity to provide feedback.
- Internet Service Providers-the most common question relates to internet service. On Monday, May 10th, the City Council will be holding a public hearing to enter into a franchise agreement with MetroNet, thus offering an alternative to existing ISPs in Chanhassen. After taking public comment on May 10, the agreement could be considered for approval as soon as May 24, allowing construction of the new system to begin this summer.
- Ordinance review- from boat storage to garbage haulers, food trucks to raising chickens, the City Council is reviewing ordinances. These issues will be addressed at upcoming meetings and those dates will be communicated soon. Stay tuned.
Finally, wishing all mom’s a very special Mother’s Day! I am beyond blessed with an incredible mom and mother-in-law, and I love being a mom to my two amazing daughters.