City of Chanhassen ElectionsElection for Chanhassen City Council is held during state and federal election years. The city council consists of five members; the mayor and four council members, who are elected for staggered 4-year terms.
Filing for City Council Seats
The terms of Mayor Elise Ryan and Councilmembers Dan Campion and Jerry McDonald will expire at the end of 2022. Filings for these three positions will be accepted at city hall from Tuesday, August 2, 2022 through Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
To file, candidates must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A registered voter
- A resident of the City for at least 20 days prior to the General Election
- At least 21 years of age
- Pay a $5 filing fee
- Complete an Affidavit of Candidacy (must be notarized)
Campaign Financial Reports
- Subsequent reports are due 10 days before and 30 days after the election and each year by January 31 until a final report is filed.
- A final report is due when all debts are settled and all assets are disposed of in excess of $100.
- A certificate of filing shall be submitted t the city clerk no later than seven days after the general or special election (MN Stat. 211A.05, Subd. 1)
Other Candidate Information
The State Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, August 9, 2022 and the General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. The polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The city's municipal election is held in conjunction with the General Election.