The City of Chanhassen has adopted the 2015 Minnesota State Building Code, which adopts the 2012 International Building and Residential Codes, with amendments by reference. General contractors (or homeowners doing their own work) must obtain permits before beginning work.
- Building Permits are required for many projects, including but not limited to, new construction, additions, alterations, decks, finished basements, pool, demolition, roofing, siding, and window replacement.
- Many projects require a detailed plan review, so allow at least ten working days for your permit to be processed.
- Fees are paid at the time permits are issued. Current fees can be found in Section 4-30 of the Chanhassen City Code, which was last codified through Ordinance 637 dated December 10, 2019. View the City Code web page to view additional ordinance amendments to Section 4-30, if any.
- Residential contractors must be licensed by the State of Minnesota.
- Commercial Building Permit Requirements
- Commercial Building/Tenant Finish Submittal Requirements
- Fire Supression (Sprinkler) Permit Application
- Fire Alarm Permit Application
- Special Inspection and Testing Form
- SAC Determination Forms