Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Chanhassen’s Response to COVID-19
Following guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to help slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Chanhassen has closed City Hall, the Rec Center and Senior Center facilities until May 1. Residents are advised to call or email City staff with any City-related questions or business. The outdoor drop box can be used for any utility bill payments that cannot be mailed.
Building Closures & Affected Activities
- City Hall is closed to the public. Please see below for specific department information.
- Chanhassen Senior Center (7700 Market Blvd) – The Senior Center is closed until May 1, with operations to be reevaluated at that time. This includes suspension of all activities and rentals until further notice. Applicable pro-rated refunds will be given.
- Chanhassen Recreation Center (2310 Coulter Blvd) – The Chanhassen Recreation Center is closed until May 1, with operations to be reevaluated at that time. This includes suspension of all activities and rentals until further notice. Applicable pro-rated refunds will be given.
City and Public Meetings
All City Commission meetings and non-essential City activities will be canceled for the remainder of March. All public meetings will be canceled until May 1. EXCEPTION: the City Council will hold a meeting on Monday evening, April 13 at 7pm in the City Hall Council Chambers. As the Mayor, City Council, and City Staff continue to evaluate and determine essential and non-essential City functions, the City’s website and social media pages will be updated to reflect those determinations.
Department Information & Impacted Services
- The Building Department will be closed to walk-ins except for permit pick-up or drop-off.
- If you have Building Department-related questions, or need to pick-up or drop-off a permit, please call 952-227-1180.
Carver County Sheriff’s Office:
- The Carver County Sheriff’s Office will maintain the same levels of service with the exception of responding to medical calls for service for “flu-like” symptoms.
Engineering and Public Works:
- Public bid-openings will take place as scheduled. Doors will be opened and guests will be able to enter on an as-needed basis.
- The Public Works Department is suspending any in-home or in-person work (e.g. Replacing water meters) until May 1.
- Please call 952-227-1160 with any Engineering questions, or 952-227-1300 for Public Works questions.
- The April 5 Lion’s Pancake Breakfast is cancelled.
- No Commercial Fire Inspections or Community CPR/AED trainings will be scheduled.
- The Fire Department will not be responding to medical calls for service for “flu-like” symptoms.
- All other payments can be processed over the phone on a temporary and as-needed basis. Please call City Hall at 952-227-1100.
Parks and Recreation:
- Recreation Programs – All City of Chanhassen recreation programs scheduled for other city facilities are suspended until May 1, with operations to be re-valuated at that time. Applicable pro-rated refunds will be given.
- For Parks and Recreation questions, including program registration, please call 952-227-1100.
Planning and Zoning:
- Land-use applications will still be accepted. Please use the drop-box outside of City Hall, or submit applications via email.
- In-person consultations will not be permitted at this time.
- For Planning and Zoning questions, please call 952-227-1130.
- COVID-19 does not present any additional risk to individuals through water supply or wastewater (More information from the CDC can be found here).
- Utility payments can be made via mail, online, or the drop box located outside City Hall.
- No walk-in payments will be accepted.
- For Utility Billing questions, please call 952-227-1144.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding.
For additional questions please contact: City Manager Todd Gerhardt at 952-227-1119, or Assistant City Manager Jake Foster at: 952-227-1118.
Who to call?
- Emergencies: 9-1-1
- Non-Emergencies: 952-361-1231 (Carver County Dispatch)
- Carver County Mental Health Crisis Hotline: 952-442-7601
- Carver County Department of Health and Human Services website: www.co.carver.mn.us/covid-19. Information on COVID-19 in Chanhassen and Carver County
- Minnesota Department of Health - School and Childcare Questions: 651-297-1304 (7 days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.), or 1-800-657-3903
- Minnesota Department of Health – Health Questions: 651-201-3920 (7 days week, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Carver County Public Health: Phone: 952-361-1329; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Carver County SD 112 COVID-19 website: http://www.district112.org/district-information/covid-19-information/
- Minnesota Dept. of Health COVID-19 website: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
- CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Updated 3/27/20 at 10:50 am