Dear Chanhassen Residents,
We continue to focus on executing our Strategic Plan
linking our Strategic Priorities
: Financial Sustainability, Asset Management, Development & Redevelopment, Operational Excellence, and Communications
to our Core Value
s: Innovation, Respect, Stewardship, Engagement
. I’d like to highlight a few of those this week as the Strategic Plan is not meant to sit on the shelf rather be incorporated into our daily operations and policy making. Communications / Engagement
Development & Redevelopment / Innovation
- Hired a Communications Manager who will begin July 6th
- Implementing FLASHVOTE – a survey tool allowing us to receive statistically valid public input quickly and easily on various topics impacting the city. Sign up HERE as our first survey will be conducted in the coming weeks
- City Manager Laurie Hokkanen and I presented our strategic plan to our five City Commissions (Senior Commission in July) as well as the Lions Club and Chanhassen Rotary
Operational Excellence / Respect
- City Council passed an ordinance change allowing food trucks to operate at local businesses with their permission. This was brought forward by the Chanhassen Brewing Company, who highlighted their interest in building their business into a fun and unique gathering place.
- Groundbreaking for Lake Place, a beautiful senior, 55+ affordable project loaded with amenities like pickleball, fitness studio, and raised gardens. This was a highly desired project by our Senior Commission paired with the developer being a Chanhassen resident making this a grass roots project.
- Our City Staff participated in “Insights Discovery Training.” This training helps staff members better understand themselves and others so that they can have more respectful, productive, and positive working relationships. Our goal is for the Chanhassen team to be equipped to connect with their colleagues to improve collaboration and have a common language helping them overcome challenges and conflict. Internal operational excellence will result in providing excellent service to our residents.
Thank you for your continued engagement - I very much appreciate hearing from our residents.
Enjoy the beautiful sunshine!