In Minnesota, you can vote early with an absentee ballot starting 46 days before Election Day.
Absentee Voting Dates
- Absentee ballots for the Primary Election will be available Friday, June 26, 2020 through Monday, August 10, 2020.
- Absentee ballots for the General Election will be available Friday, September 11, 2020 through Monday, November 2, 2020.
Vote Early by Mail
This option is the most convenient method of voting absentee since you don't have to leave your residence! Follow these steps to vote by mail:
- Apply by email, mail or fax - complete and return the application form to Carver County (email, address, and fax number can be found on the back of the form)
- Apply online (federal, state and county elections only)
- Read the instructions that come with your ballot carefully.
- You will need a witness when you vote and complete your ballot. The witness can be either a registered Minnesota voter or a notary.
- Mail the ballot and forms back right away after you finish. Your ballot will not count if it is received after Election Day.
Vote Early in Person
You can vote early in person at your local elections office. Chanhassen residents can vote in person at the following location:
Carver County Government Center - Administration Building
600 East 4th Street
Chaska, MN 55317
|In Person Voting Hours|
|Monday through Friday
(June 26-August 10 and September 11-November 2)
|8:00 am to 4:30 pm|
|The last Saturday before Election Day
(August 8 and October 31)
|10:00 am to 3:00 pm|
|The day before Election Day
(August 10 and November 2)
|8:00 am to 5:00 pm|
Voters can track the progress of their absentee ballot with the absentee ballot status tool.