All garden plots for 2020 have been reserved.
Contact Jill Sinclair to be added to waiting list.
The Olson Community Garden site is located at the corner of Kerber Boulevard and Santa Vera Drive. The gardens consist of rentable plots and a community orchard. The orchard is along Santa Vera Drive and includes apple and cherry trees along with raspberry plants. The orchard was planted in 2014. The public is welcome to the fruit when it becomes ripe in the summer.
- Gardens are reserved on a first-registered/first-served basis.
- Individual garden plots are generally 10 feet by 10 feet, although there are a few different sizes as shown on the .
- You may request specific plots, but remember that since it is a first-come/first-served program you may not get your first choice.
- The gardens are tilled, fertilized, and staked out in the spring. Weather permitting, they should be ready by late May.
- You are responsible for planting, weeding, and best of all, harvesting!
- Two water sources are available on site. The locations are shown on the map. Hoses are provided.
- All gardeners are required to keep their plots as disease-free and weed-free as possible. If a garden is not maintained, a warning will be given. If conditions do not improve the garden will be forfeited. No pesticides other than insecticidal soap are allowed in the gardens.
- The gardens must be cleared by the end of October.
- All levels of gardeners are welcome.
Registration for 2020 begins Feb. 1, 2020. Mail in or drop off the to Chanhassen City Hall beginning on Feb. 1.